An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• Speaking for the first time since he suffered a stroke earlier this month, Penguins defenseman Kris Letang shared the horror of his life-altering experience. There’s still no word on when he might be able to return to the ice, but the fact that he has an eye on this season is the best possible news.
• Darren Dreger checks in with his take on trade rumors surrounding Ryan Kesler, Chris Phillips and Tyler Myers. I can see Myers moving at some point, but at the draft in June seems like better timing than the March 5 deadline. We’ll see.
• Brayden Schenn and Ryan O’Reilly could be among the players who would interest the Canucks in a potential trade trade for Kesler.
• Katie Strang says talks are ongoing between the Rangers and one of their pending free agents, but they’re at a stalemate with another.
• Tonight could mark the last home game for several players who are expected to be moved in the Sabres’ fire sale.
• Is Zdeno Chara really pressing the Bruins to add this guy at the deadline?