Posts Tagged ‘Todd Bertuzzi’
By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning’s short list of must-read hockey stories:
• It was amusing a couple weeks back when a high-profile Canadian track athlete took self-defensive shots at the NHL for not having had a single player test positive for performance-enhancing drugs. Fact is, Larry Brooks writes, the NHL doesn’t have a PED problem. But it does have its own demons.
• Patrick Kane told the Blackhawks Convention crowd about the time he met LeBron James … and how one of his teammates panicked when he met the NBA star.
• Sharp, Kane and the rest of the Blackhawks aren’t finished celebrating the Cup win just yet. Several team members spent Saturday sharing some of their experiences with the fans attending the annual Blackhawks Convention. Considering how well received this event is, it’s amazing more teams don’t do something like it.
• QMI’s Sunday notes column touches on, among other things, the Tim Thomas situation. Like I wrote earlier this week, his chances of future NHL employment are looking pretty bleak right about now.
• Multiple sclerosis sufferer Josh Harding has started a foundation to help increase education and understanding of the brutal disease.