An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• Henrik Lundqvist was pretty good last night, making 41 stops to steal one in Dallas. Funny how the hockey gods work, eh? Two nights after being robbed of a victory against Boston when Tuukka Rask stood on his head, the Rangers got one back that they had no right winning.
• After spending much of the season on IR with a concussion, Rick Nash finally scored his first goal last night against the Stars. It was pretty nice:
• Now why did owner Jim Dolan have to go and spoil the day for Rangers fans after a night like that?
• Is your team overworking its No. 1 goaltender? Here’s a chart that lays it all out.
• Being separated from linemate Zach Parise helped Minnesota captain Mikko Koivu find his game. And it wasn’t long after that the red-hot Wild found theirs. Remember the name of Mike Yeo as a dark horse Jack Adams candidate.
• Alex Ovechkin went out of his way for Adam Oates last season so, naturally, the coach did the same for his star player.