By Allan Muir
A guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• John Davidson’s former right hand man in St. Louis is expected to be named the new GM of the Jackets today. Before we bury Scott Howson, here’s the reaction from Columbus and proof that not every one of his moves involved trading superstars for bags of pucks.
• The Anaheim Ducks proved something to themselves and to the rest of the league in their 3-2 shootout win over the Blackhawks in Chicago.
• Nina Falcone breaks down Brandon Saad’s controversial goal from the Chicago perspective.
• Jarome Iginla has lost his speed and his will to compete says a former teammate…and probably former thunder buddy.
• Craig Anderson put on another clinic, making 42 saves in a 2-0 shutout of the Sabres. Meanwhile, Daniel Alfredsson thinks the answer to Ottawa’s scoring woes is right there in the room. What, did they kidnap Thomas Vanek after the game?
• Try to mix in a Dallas Stars game sometime, if only to bask in the nightly brilliance of Kari Lehtonen.