By Allan Muir
A guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• Erik Karlsson’s gruesome injury means the season’s already over for Ottawa.
• Evander Kane plays the race card. Yeah, this is going to end well.
• Families are tearing themselves apart…over Winnipeg Jets tickets.
• Here’s the great Dave Stubbs on the the maturation of Carey Price and his partnership with goaltending coach Pierre Groulx. Meanwhile, Jack Todd wonders if the Habs are tough enough to assert themselves in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
• The four entities involved in getting NHL players to Sochi for the 2014 Olympics meet today in New York.
• Good guy Andrew Brunette finally made his retirement official and took a new job with the Minnesota Wild as hockey ops adviser.
• Rookie center J.T. Miller plays his fifth game for the Rangers tonight. Will it be his last of the season?