By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• James Mirtle examines the field for this year’s Hall of Fame class. He hits most of the potential honorees, but overlooks one I think should be a no-brainer.
• Two ex-Red Wings should earn admission to the Hall of Fame on Tuesday. And I’m right there with Helene St. James on pick No. 4.
• Look, we get it. The Senators are still curled up in the corner, eating Ben & Jerry’s by the pint and listening to Taylor Swift songs after being dumped by Daniel Alfredsson. But this is freaking ridiculous.
• So maybe Mark Messier wasn’t kidding when he said he had good reasons for leaving the New York Rangers.
• Here’s an in-depth look at the challenges and opportunities expected to come with the move of the New York Islanders to Brooklyn.