An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• Larry Brooks covers a lot of ground in this week’s Sunday column, including his disdain for fans who rip Martin Brodeur for sticking around too long, a familiar name who could replace Mike Gillis in Vancouver, and an inevitable coaching change in Carolina.
• Here’s one more reason to love P.K. Subban. Or, for some of you, one reason to love P.K. Subban.
• Kevin Allen bravely takes on the fool’s errand of predicting the wild card races in the wake of last night’s whiplash-inducing action.
• It’s a good thing the Leafs chose not to give fans the sweaters off their backs at their home finale. Otherwise this might have happened on a night when the crowd was more venomous than ever.
• Is Evander Kane on the outs with the Jets? After he was listed as a healthy scratch for last night’s game, there’s obviously a bridge that needs to be repaired…or burned to the ground.