An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• If Ilya Bryzgalov is the answer, these truly are desperate times in Edmonton.
• The upshot of Craig MacTavish’s busy Friday night? “Wait’ll next year, Edmonton fans.”
• If there’s a mercy clause in Ryan Miller’s contract, he’s probably ready to invoke it. Buffalo’s goaltender was pelted with 34 shots through two periods (that’s 85 total for his last five) as the Sabres hit rock bottom in a 6-2 loss to the Ducks.
• Uh-oh…Anaheim’s power play is waking up.
• Kevin Dineen took the fall yesterday, but the problems in Florida go much deeper than the men behind the bench.