By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• Tony Gallagher says it’s high time that Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo drop the diva routine. Luongo was quick to offer a witty rejoinder via Twitter.
• Enjoy the Olympic hockey, kids. Escalating salaries, and the rising costs to insure them, means that Sochi might be the last go-round for NHL players on the big stage.
• Rob Longley closes out his U.S. camp coverage with notes on Seth Jones, Phil Kessel and Zach Parise, as well as a report on his unexpected encounter with a man who almost became an American legend.
• Alex Galchenyuk has his sights set on spending his 20th birthday in Sochi with Team USA. They grow out of the Chuck E. Cheese phase so fast these days.
• David Poile offered up a fresh story about the Miracle On Ice . . . and it just happens to involve one of the finest magazines in the land (no, not Cracked).