An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• If Patrick Kaleta truly wants to change his game, Matt Cooke is ready to help. Anyone notice that Cooke is leading the Wild in scoring this season . . . and has yet to pick up a single penalty?
• Kaleta is appealing the 10-game suspension he was handed for his head shot on Jack Johnson. I’d love to hear him make his case, wouldn’t you?
• Maybe Cooke could point Max Lapierre in the right direction as well. The St. Louis Blues forward apologized on Wednesday for his hit on Dan Boyle, but that gesture is unlikely to have any impact on his Friday meeting with Brendan Shanahan and the player safety boys.
• Tuukka Rask on facing ex-teammate Tim Thomas for the first time tonight as the Panthers visit Boston: “Maybe we’ll fight or something.” Yeah, he was kidding. Probably.
• Forbes went to all the trouble of putting together a slide show to rank the NHL’s most expensive tickets. The nice pictures almost take away the pain of these prices.