Posts Tagged ‘Daniel Cleary’
By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• Nazem Kadri finally woke up to the reality of his situation and signed a two-year deal with the Maple Leafs that ensures he’ll be in camp as it gets underway this morning.
• Enjoy him while you can, Toronto fans. The relationship between Kadri and the Leafs is likely to be short term, writes Damien Cox.
• You have to think that Senators defenseman Jared Cowen will soon run smack up against the same wall that Kadri did. With no real leverage, he’s better served by getting a bridge deal in hand and going to work on getting a big payday down the road.
• The Bruins didn’t exactly blow up their roster after losing to the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final, but they will nevertheless ice a very different group when the season gets underway.
• The Penguins cap situation opens the door for a promising group of blueliners who are hoping to do more than make a good impression at camp.