By Allan Muir
A guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• UPDATE: Top-notch piece by Rob Rossi on Brendan Shanahan and the inner workings of the NHL Player Safety room.
• The Washington Capitals don’t have to look far for motivation ahead of today’s pre-Super Bowl game against Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
• The rehabilitation of Raffi Torres began in Saturday night’s 2-0 win over the Stars. “Lots of nerves out there,” he said, hopefully talking about the emotional impact of his first game in 10 months, and not Dallas players who feared a repeat of the head shot he landed on Marian Hossa last spring.
• Get to know hockey’s Honey Badger. Plus, what to do when you hook a pelican!
• Better grab an early lead if you want to beat the Ottawa Senators. Goaltender Craig Anderson hasn’t given up a goal outside of the first period yet this season.