By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this quiet morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• So there are rumors that Jaromir Jagr will sign with the Devils. Hey, we’ve all seen two desperate people hook up at the bar at closing time, so this wouldn’t be a surprise if it happened. It just seems like a lousy decision for at least one of them.
• Roberto Luongo has to avoid the October swoon if he hopes to get a shot at Team Canada. That kind of hot start would be a blessing for a Vancouver team that’s used to him getting out of the blocks slowly…or would it?
• Ben Kuzma lays out the road trip every Canucks fan should be on…well, short of Sochi, anyway.
• The Flyers inked Sean Couturier to a bridge deal at a rock bottom price. Nice job by GM Paul Holmgren, who still has two more key forwards to get under contract and very little money to spend.
• Now that the NHL has finally the Olympic deal, Kevin Allen has some thoughts on what Team USA could look like. Only name I disagree with is Cam Fowler. Still too unpredictable at this point in his career.