By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• Surprisingly, the names of the major award winners are leaking out before tonight’s presentation. But the plan was foolproof! Foolproof!
• Can tonight’s Game 2 possibly live up to the hype generated by Game 1? I’ve already called in sick for Monday, just in case.
• Eric Duhatschek writes that Patrick Kane isn’t the same kid that won the Cup back in 2010. He pays for his cab rides now and everything.
• After practicing Friday, injured Bruins winger Nathan Horton could be available for tonight’s game.
• No player can impact this series the way Zdeno Chara can, writes Steve Simmons.
• At some point, Tyler Seguin will break out of this hideous scoring slump. Tonight would be as good a night as any, as far as the Bruins are concerned.