By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning’s must-read hockey stories:
• With the series hanging in the balance, the Senators should get a boost from the return of Jason Spezza. Just keep in mind, Sens fans, that the guy hasn’t played in almost four months. Adrenalin might get him through the first game. After that, he might be just a guy with no legs for this pace.
• The Penguins boast the star power and the experience to take control of this series. But don’t give up on the pesky Sens just yet.
• No, wait … go ahead and give up.
• Toronto talked about it, but Pittsburgh made it happen. Awesome.
• Brendan Smith was the goat in the Game 1 loss to Chicago. Here’s what he did with the goat horns in Game 2.